Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Vegan Crustless Asparagus Quiche



The recipe is taken from here, but I made a couple of modifications:
  1. I added 1-2 T tahini (from my experience, it adds deliciousness)
  2. I made it without a crust, just 'cause I'm lazy
  3. I oiled the pie dish and covered it with breadcrumbs
A crust is a good thing to have when you make a quiche, especially when it's still hot - it's hard to get it out of the dish without having it all break into pieces otherwise. I think that making mini quiches in a silicone muffin pan would work better when there's no crust. I will try it sometime with corn or mushrooms, or corn AND mushrooms!

It's easy to make (basically blending everything) and the batter is YUMMY!!! I could probably eat it all uncooked - which means that it could possibly make a good cold soup :)

No comments: