Light and summery, right? Well, guess what - it rained on us. Again.
Landlord said he fixed it today.
They're easy to make:
- Cut tofu into 1"x0.5"x3" slices and marinate it for at least 15 minutes in the same sauce used for the cold Thai noodles, except, omit the peanut butter.
- Julienne baby carrots (~0.5 carrot per roll).
- Julienne a cucumber (1 Persian cucumber per 10 spring rolls).
- Chop some green onion.
- Cook rice noodles, rinse and let cool.
- Soak rice spring roll wrap in warm water for a few seconds (get it out when it's still stiff - it will soften more later. If you leave it too long, it'll tear).
- Pile the filling ingredients in the middle of the wrap. (I find the nicest result is achieved when you start with a bit of the vegetables, then tofu, then some more vegetables, and finally the noodles).
- Use the marinade as a dressing.