Wednesday, December 24, 2008

French Bakes

Mark's been craving french fries for a while, but he can't find anything in the store that looks remotely healthy, so he decided to make some from scratch.



He also made some out of sweet potato, for me. Yammy!

I know some people consider potatoes as a vegetable side, but I had to make a real vegetable side, so I used up the green beans we had left, and topped them with some sauce. The recipe is taken from the Moosewood Restaurant cookbook (Sundays as Moosewood, I think it's called). It's basically just boiled beans and onion (yes, boiled onion... Mark didn't appreciate it), and the sauce is just butter (1T), flour (2T), a cup of water from the boiled beans, salt, pepper, chives, lemon juice (1t) and 1/4 cup of yogurt (that I used instead of sour cream). I liked it, but I don't think I'm allowed to make it again, not with boiled onions, at least. ;)

No comments: