Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chinese Stir-fry with the Best of Meats

My favorite mock meat is the one we get at the Asian Market, Lee Lee. It's called Vege Ham (though it may be flavored differently). I like the chicken flavor, and I swear - if real meat tasted so good, it would have been much harder for me to become vegetarian! It is delicious! As a former co-worker of mine used to say: "It's am-AAAA-zing!!!"
I recommend even the non-veggies among you to try it! The only problem with it is that it comes in a gigantic roll:



And it's really hard to cut when frozen (as it should be kept all the time, I assume). Mark is using his body-builder muscles to tackle that problem. We only use about a third for each time we make something, and, for example, last night's dinner gave us today's lunches and some other day's lunches as well. One third is a lot! In a good way, of course.

Last night Mark made his usual Chinese stir fry: broccoli, red bell pepper, onion, shitake mushrooms, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots. And the chicken-flavored VegeHam, obviously!



I wanted to use the new black rice we got, but found out that it's better for desserts (but also for salads, interestingly). I'm going to try it anyway with some Thai stir fry some time.

No comments: